Will hot air balloons fly this time?

I just thought of the annual Hot Air Balloon Fiesta in Clark last week. My first and last was in 2008, when I absolutely didn't see any balloons fly (see why here). So I checked out what's up and when it's gonna be this year. And it's right before Valentine's - Feb. 10-13, 2011!

So what's in store for the 16th Philippine International Hot Air Balloon Fiesta? Pretty much the same from what I've read. So probably...

rszdrops5505
Balloons that hopefully will take flight. The organizers advised, however, that "balloon inflation is largely dependent on wind conditions." So let's hope for calm winds this time.

rszdrops5495
Exhibits of various aircraft and memorabilia, which make for an ideal set for a photo shoot.

rszdrops5489
Speaking of which, here's My Bibe posing with armed forces personnel.

rszdrops5502
They promise everything that flies - so apart from aircraft and paragliding, kites!

rszdrops5571
I'm just not sure if they'll allow pets inside the event area this time. I wonder how effective is tethering a dog to a water container that small. (More pics after the jump!)

rszdrops5517
Mind you, these things are really huge. So imagine the effort exerted to keep this balloon from spinning out of control because of the wind.

rszdrops5553
I'm not sure how many countries are participating this year but in 2009 the number was reportedly 25.

rszdrops5588
This was supposed to be a hot air balloon night glow. But since the wind was playing antagonist, we only got flames.

Havent' decided yet if we're going, especially after what happened with our Baguio trip last December (keyword: traffic). I don't wanna blow my top again. But yes, I have to decide really soon as rooms are booking fast.

There's a Php150 entrance fee to the event area, so be forewarned. You can find useful information including schedules, FAQs, and even photo and video galleries to get you excited from what I assume is event's official website: http://www.philballoonfest.net/.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler