Our pink (Pre-)Valentine

Without much thought My Bibe and I decided to avoid the crowd and celebrate Valentine's a day earlier. Nothing fancy, just a dinner at Nuvo, one of our favorite spots. When we arrived earlier to reserve a table...

Photo815-1

...everything was so pink! Cute, yes. Besides, had it been red I wouldn't be surprised at all. I don't know but Greenbelt seems to be in on the pink as well. See these pink anthuriums, they're everywhere in the mall!

Photo807-1

Back to Nuvo, as always we opted for their set dinner. And what's on the menu?

Photo822-1

Since it was Valentine's, the set dinner was more expensive than usual. A glass of Moët & Chandon champagne came with each order, presumably to justify the price tag. Too bad My Bibe couldn't have alcohol because of her meds but I had it (truth be told, I miss beer more).

Photo813-1

Maybe it's because of watching Iron Chef America and Top Chef I felt like giving a review. So here goes. We loved the salad, especially with the scallops and foie gras. I don't really eat liver but I love foie gras. The soup was underwhelming. With a watered-down texture I only tasted safron and pepper.

Photo833-1

For the main course we chose the Angus steak since we basically come to Nuvo for steak. As usual it was tender but lacked some salt. I removed the horse radish crust (which wasn't a crust to me at all but a patty) because it was overpowering the steak, plus I'm not a fan of wasabi except in sushi and sashimi.

Photo836-1

Dessert was supposedly okay had it not been for the blueberries they used that were a bit sour. Loved the rich strawberry sherbet on top, though.

Nevertheless, it was a relaxed and filling meal as always. You should try it, even if it ain't Valentine's. Their menu varies daily, and it'll be a lot cheaper on ordinary days. Perfect for a date.

Photo810-1

To My Bibe Kwittie, Happy Valentine's! I love you so much!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler