Remember deep wells?

Remember in the 80's when deep well pumps were the norm? I remember us having one in ParaƱaque because NAWASA's service back then was just lousy. At least it's not a problem anymore for me with Manila Water. In the province, though, this used to be commonplace:


I realized I haven't seen one in a very long time. Oh well, water pumps have since evolved. Widely available, water pumps like Flotec pumps are even sold online. At least they can help you have a decent shower, then a shave perhaps with your Gillette Mach3. I can't imagine being deprived of a shower after, say, a 25km marathon. That would suck.


Speaking of marathons, I know they're pretty much in vogue at the moment but I don't run. I mean, I can't per doctor's orders. A lot of people I know are so into it that they even have all these gadgets like heart rate monitors or whatever's there. If I were allowed to run, I'd probably just sport a nice Timex Ironman watch with the heart rate monitor (and a slew of other monitors) built in already.


For now I'll just have to be content with jogging. (Yeah right, like I even brisk-walk.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler