Milan FW: The Victorian grandeur of Dolce & Gabbana F/W 2012-13

I'm not really much of a fashion watcher but aimless browsing led me to the runways of Milan, Italy, where designers are currently presenting their collections for Fall/Winter 2012-2013. Now I'm going crazy with what I've been seeing.

First off is Dolce & Gabbana's Victorian era-inspired collection. Although I really can't see myself wearing some of the pieces here (assuming I can afford them), I am loving the grandeur and opulence of all the velvets and the brocades. Having said that, here are a few of the pieces I really like:

dolce & gabbana 01
dolce & gabbana 02

Common, how could I not fall in love with that? If those were a little over-the-top for you, there are also some toned-down stuff like this (Seriously, it is toned down!):

dolce & gabbana 03

But why hold back?

dolce & gabbana 04

The details are just fantastic. There are always some fine works of art in front, at the sides, the back, and even on the shoes!

dolce & gabbana 05
dolce & gabbana 06
dolce & gabbana 07

Go see the full collection over at GQ.com here.

All photos from GQ.com.

Comments

  1. Incredible collection!
    amazing shoes!

    Regards


    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler