[Throwback Thursday 12.19.2013] HHWW

Because it's the season, I'm looking back at the many Christmas parties I've attended in the past. This one here is from 2004 with my colleagues from Internal Audit, which I've officially christened as "HHWW." Not at all meaning "holding hands while walking," HHWW stood for "Hats, Headdresses, Wigs & Whatever." In other words, it was a hat party where wigs and other head gear were allowed.

01Professor Snape
Don't I look like Snape here? But with glasses?

It wasn't anything big; just a simple gathering with food, a small program, gift-giving, and some raffle prizes. We were only around twenty then after all. At the time people in our department were notorious for not wanting to dress up or anything for Christmas parties and were content with the usual jeans and shirt. So it was nice how I and the rest of the organizing committee were able to persuade everyone to dress up somehow. Small steps, I thought.

I wore a black shirt and pants, white shoes, a white tie for a belt, and a cowboy hat. Talk about how incoherent everything was! Yet I managed to get voted best dressed among the guys. The wig's not mine, by the way. It was someone else's that night that I just felt like putting on. Me and my frustration with having straight hair perhaps.

02Variety Show
With a group of fellow auditors singing Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas.

03Haha, we can't believe this
The two of us here just performed a skit intended as an intermission but to our surprise we were awarded some cash for being the best performance of the night. Isn't it obvious we look so surprised?

04Bella & Jun with Ms D
With fellow best dressed winner together with our then big boss. Such a happy night.

Merry Christmas!

Comments

  1. I love christmas party with themes:) the small steps work..the hats:) hahaahaha! I really wish that I can share to you guys our christmas party but to bad the official photographer iwan ko asan na yong mga pics... hahahaha:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler