Thursday, March 19, 2015

FRAGRANCE | Fahrenheit by Christian Dior: An old flame

After finally emptying my bottle of L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme, I now had reason to open up a new bottle. This one, however, is a personal old flame and one that I haven't worn for more than 10 years already. It's Fahrenheit by Christian Dior.

dior fahrenheit

Just like I remember it, Fahrenheit is a strong, heavy, and very masculine fragrance that befits older men (although ironically I've been using it in my twenties). It's a complex mix of notes that supposedly includes some floral and citrus elements but which are easily left unnoticed, at least by my untrained nose. What I get instead is a warm and musky scent, with which I'm perfectly fine, happy even. Projection is good and to me it has no longevity issues.

The bottle hasn't changed, it seems, maybe even since its first release in 1988. It still sports that distinct dark ombre tone.

Because it's a heavy scent, Fahrenheit is best suited for evening use and in cooler climates. I may live in a tropical country but I do wear this fragrance, even in daytime. For reasons already cited, however, I limit those occasions to when I'm going to the office where it's cold. I don't think I'll be taking in even a few spritzes when I'll be out in the sun.

Nevertheless, I think I'll be putting the cap back on once summer really sets in and reserve whatever's left for the cooler months. I'm just savoring the moment when I can wear it while I can.

2 comments:

  1. Would definetely look this one out. My personal old flame is Ultraviolet by Paco Rabanne...for me is a classic, I love the scent though is quite intense so I apply it in smaller amounts.

    Hugs
    Andy
    theblacklabelblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...