LOOKBOOK | Spicing up your vacation wardrobe with matching prints

halfwhiteboy - matching satin printed shirt and shorts 01

Have you ever experienced seeing something on display, falling in love with it, then buying it but have no idea when or where you're going to wear it? So I saw this printed long-sleeve shirt with matching shorts on a mannequin and felt exactly just that.

The print, though dominantly floral, felt quite different from the usual summer prints I see. So I got both pieces even if I really didn't know whether the right occasion to wear them would come soon. Or at all. It didn't help that they're in a satin fabric, which makes the set even "harder" to wear. I mean, cotton or linen wouldn't be much of a problem, but shiny o'l satin?

halfwhiteboy - matching satin printed shirt and shorts 02
halfwhiteboy - matching satin printed shirt and shorts 03
halfwhiteboy - matching satin printed shirt and shorts 04

They could of course be worn as separates but I had this image of myself wearing it as a set in some fancy beach resort. Well, summer already left and no such trip materialized. But when we set off for a quick getaway in Anya Resort Tagaytay, I thought I could finally wear my matching printed shirt and shorts and celebrate all its loudness.

We could always try something other than t-shirt and shorts for our vacations, couldn't we? Up the ante of our OOTD game, perhaps?

Now I'm happy that I did. I wore some cream-colored loafers with my matching prints for a casual but chic look. Sunnies optional.

halfwhiteboy - matching satin printed shirt and shorts 05
halfwhiteboy - matching satin printed shirt and shorts 06
halfwhiteboy - matching satin printed shirt and shorts 07
halfwhiteboy - matching satin printed shirt and shorts 08

Have you ever worn something different from your usual vacation outfit? Sound off in the comments section!
_________________
Shirt and shorts (Zara Man); shoes (Paradigm Manila); sunnies (Carrera).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler