FRAGRANCE | Guerlain Heritage EDP: A wonderfully blended juice with spectacular performance

halfwhiteboy - guerlain heritage edp

It's been years since I tried a Guerlain fragrance, and that was L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme. I liked it enough but I never really went crazy over it. It was a fairly good introduction to the brand nonetheless and I told myself that I wanted to try their other fragrances. However, I haven't come across any local store that carried them--until I set my sights on eBay and found a few listings from a local seller.

After much thought and banking on nothing but reviews, I made a blind buy with Guerlain Heritage. I got the EDP version and did not regret my purchase at all.

Heritage opens unapologetically strong. It's spicy, dusty, and woody with an underlying animalic accord. It may not appeal to everybody and it's as if it confronts you right from the start, "Hey, this is what I am. Are you with me or not?"

This rather loud opening also lingers for quite some time. But as the spiciness mellows, the florals become a little more pronounced before finally settling into a beautifully warm, woody, and musky base with a very light powdery touch.

Sillage is pretty good on this one, as I had a few colleagues still catching it late into the day. That said, it's obviously a long-lasting fragrance. Even I catch whiffs of it on myself well into the evening, olfactory fatigue be damned. Heritage EDP was launched in 1992 but clearly it hasn't suffered from the spate of reformulations brought about by IFRA restrictions and all that. As pictured above, mine is a fairly recent release as suggested by the bottle. It seems that Guerlain is trying to replace all or most of its men's fragrance bottles with this singular design, of which there's also an equivalent for the women's scents.

Guerlain Heritage EDP was a successful blind buy for me. It's a complex and well-blended juice with a spectacular performance to boot. Although I think it works best in colder temperatures, to me it sits just fine in the tropics. Still, I would caution against wearing it when it's extremely hot. This fragrance may work for me but I suggest trying it first before buying because it may not be to everyone's liking, the opening especially.

------------------------------
I made another successful blind buy: Armaf's Club de Nuit Intense Man. Check it out:
[FRAGRANCE | Club de Nuit Intense Man by Armaf: A solid fragrance on its own merits]

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler