LOOKBOOK | 'Tabi tabi po'

halfwhiteboy - purple pullover and Margiela Tabi boots 01

Lazy days call for a trusty pullover. I've probably said it countless times before but it's one of the easiest options when you got no time to iron a shirt. I mean, I still do iron/steam most of my pullovers but it's much easier than doing a long-sleeved office shirt. While it looks good on its own, like this purple number here, you can just throw a jacket or a blazer over it whenever you need to look a little more "corporate." 

As an added touch of whimsy, I wore my tabi boots. Tabi, I learned, is a Japanese sock or foot covering with a separate slot for your big toe. Apparently this designed has since been applied to footwear by Margiela and other houses. Many moons ago, I wasn't too keen about them because it reminded me of camel toe (sorry). Deep inside, though, I know I wanted them. Maybe I just wasn't ready then. Anyway, I'm wearing a pair now and I'm loving them. And oh, of course you need the right socks (tabi socks) to go with them.

halfwhiteboy - purple pullover and Margiela Tabi boots 02
halfwhiteboy - purple pullover and Margiela Tabi boots 02b
halfwhiteboy - purple pullover and Margiela Tabi boots 03

Tabi tabi po...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler