LOOKBOOK | 19Dec2015: 40 years of Voltes V

halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 01

Star Wars may undoubtedly be white hot right now but yes, that's a Voltes V t-shirt I'm wearing right there. The George Lucas-created space opera is arguably drowning out everything else with merchandising deals left and right, including several with various clothing brands (and of course I got a Darth Vader t-shirt!).

Meanwhile, the classic party of five anime is celebrating its 40th anniversary. Thankfully there's Giordano to help us relive fun times with Voltes V.

halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 02
halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 03

The brand released a couple of unisex tees that come with a special packaging. I got a total of four for me and Kwittiegirl (I thought we could swap shirts anyway). This one I'm wearing here features the cartoon's five main characters who pilot all five ships that make up the super robot Voltes V.

Here I simply wore blue jeans, a pair of black sneakers, and a varsity jacket with my new beloved t-shirt. I know, the title of this post says Dec. 19 and it's only now that I got the time to attend to this.

halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 04
halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 05
halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 06
Cool packaging for the special limited edition Voltes V 40th anniversary t-shirts.

I must admit that the t-shirts are a bit expensive at Php 999 but I got them anyway. Sometimes we just have to really buy things, don't we? Now I'm a happy kid.

halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 07
Maybe Kwittiegirl and I could swap t-shirts one time.

halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 08
Happy kid indeed.

halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 09
All of the characters's mouths are agape, so count me in.

These shirts are selling fast but I think Giordano is constantly restocking, which is why I was able to grab two more. They also have a raffle if you buy two shirts.

Tatoe arashi ga hukou tomo
Tatoe oonami areru tomo
Kogidasou tatakai no umi he
Tobikomou tatakai no uzu he...


Update:
Oh hey, I got to wear one more tee from my loot just recently. It's a black one that I paired with some joggers. Pulling back the hems affords an even more relaxed feel and I think it also accentuates the high-cut shoes.

halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 10
halfwhiteboy giordano x voltes v 11

_____________
Voltes V 40th anniversary tee (Giordano); jeans (Uniqlo); sneakers (Lacoste); jacket (Bench); watch (Pebble Steel).
Update photos: Voltes V 40th anniversary tee (Giordano); joggers (H&M); shoes (Native Shoes).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler