LOOKBOOK | Rolled-up cargo

halfwhiteboy - rolled-up cargo shorts 01

Cargo pants and cargo shorts are often frowned upon in the fashion world. I don't exactly know why but I'm guessing it's the usually lousy fit that fashion overlords find unappealing. Or it could be that because it has so many pockets, the wearer is wont on stuffing all sorts of stuff into them, resulting in unsightly bulges everywhere.

But I can't fault cargo lovers out there because these clothing pieces are so utilitarian and comfy. I, for one, wear cargo pants and shorts from time to time. It's been probably years, though, since I last wore one, then I found these cargo shorts on sale at Uniqlo and thought, hey, why not?

halfwhiteboy - rolled-up cargo shorts 02

I like that they're not too baggy, plus I find the idea of rolling the hemlines up cute. But then really, I think the trick to wearing cargoes without earning the ire of fashion gods and goddesses is to simply not stuff everything into all those pockets. Just think of them as "details."

halfwhiteboy - rolled-up cargo shorts 03
halfwhiteboy - rolled-up cargo shorts 04
halfwhiteboy - rolled-up cargo shorts 05
halfwhiteboy - rolled-up cargo shorts 06

Tell me your thoughts.
____________
Shirt (Topman); cargo shorts (Uniqlo); shoes (Adidas).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler