FRAGRANCE | Soleil de Feu EDP by Tom Ford: Controlled sexy summer flair and comforting warmth combined

halfwhiteboy - Tom Ford Soleil de Feu 01

So we get another "Soleil" release from Tom Ford and every time, my wife and I end up nabbing a bottle. We probably must like each one enough for us to do so. Anyway, true to its name, Soleil de Feu certainly has that summer vibe going on—and I'm all for it. 

The scent is marked by a spicy, ambery sweetness. The spices carry very little sharpness, so it's miles away from the boldness of another revered amber frag, MFK Grand Soir. Although both share a similar pleasantness, the amber isn't particularly powdery like in Gucci's The Eyes of the Tiger. What little sharpness the spices bring dissipates in no time. Then comes cinnamon, providing the scent with a wonderful flavor. Meanwhile, a mild woody accord underscores the scent and a creamy, coconut-like facet is introduced. 

halfwhiteboy - Tom Ford Soleil de Feu 02

The coconut steers the scent a bit into tropical beach territory but stops itself from totally going there. On the other hand, a particular flavor is achieved as the cinnamon blends with the lactonic creaminess; hence, the chai latte comparisons I've read about online. Everything in Soleil de Feu comes in moderate doses, which could be why the fragrance retains a summery feel despite having some inherently heavy accords like ambery sweet resins and creamy coconut. 

Tom Ford Soleil de Feu is practically a linear affair, offering both a sexy, summer flair and a nice, comforting warmth. While I like the scent enough, I think it lacks oomph and personality, more so since I find its performance wanting. It starts off with moderate projection but retreats rather hurriedly close to my skin. It does last fairly long, though, but my nose is struggling with catching whiffs of it for the most part. Even though I don't care for compliments, I want to be able to smell what I'm wearing. Considering the price, you better test it first before committing to a bottle. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'