SlideDeck for Wordpress

I really have no clue about web design, HTML and all that. I simply make do with what little -- and I mean little -- knowledge I have for this blog. How nice would it be to have a customized slideshow or something, instead of just having huge, static photos in my every blog post...

Screen shot_slide deck

I've been reading up on this jquery slider for Wordpress and it seems very enticing. Yes, it's for Wordpress blogs. So should I shift? Accordingly, you can create your own customized video/photo sliders in no time at all, which is a huge plus for a programming-illiterate like me.

The tool provides two main options in creating your sliders, the first of which is having full control with your own customized content, which you add/upload manually. The editor allows for fairly easy-to-follow steps, I must say. First, you choose a slide type -- whether video, photo, text, or custom.

Screen shot_slide deck1

Configuration follows. This includes adding captions, titles and a few more tweaks. Next you get to choose your "lens." Think of it as how you would do your photos in Instagram or any similar app. A few more tweaks and you're good to publish your slider!

The second option allows for linking to dynamic content like YouTube, Vimeo, Flickr, Picassa, Instagram, and more. Again, you shouldn't get lost with following its user-friendly editor.

I think it's high time I give my blog a facelift. Let's see.

Comments

  1. Nice!, I'll try to do some things like that with wordpress :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing!!! can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the bday wishes. i think this will be nice for your blog

    KAIIWONG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!

    I work with the SlideDeck team, and just wanted to say thanks for the kind words! We have lots of features coming up for the plugin, so keep your eyes on our blog for more announcements - in the meantime, you can totally experiment with our free live demo here: http://demo.slidedeck.com/wp-login.php, or download our free trial here: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/slidedeck2

    Thanks!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. still have to shift to wordpress, though, if ever.

      Delete
  5. what a useful post! Thanks for the info :P

    http://thegoldenpaillettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler