Holiday hangover: Live more at the Ayala Triangle lights and sound show

Finally! Yes, finally My Bibe and I caught the lights and sound spectacle at the Ayala Triangle here in Makati, however unplanned -- and on Christmas Day at that! We went there for an afternoon meal and by the time we left the restaurant, the show was just about fifteen minutes away, so we thought of staying.

rszDSC_6863adj
Razzle-dazzle with lights it was!

We've been wanting to see this annual display for years now but we just weren't able to. Ironically, our office isn't really that far away. Anyway, we're glad that we did. The show, which showcases a bevy of Christmas lights dancing to a medley of Christmas songs, starts at 6pm and runs every 30 minutes until 9pm. Even if Christmas is over, you can still catch it until Dec. 30.

So here are a couple of shots I took, trying my very best to keep a steady hand with my old camera set at the lowest shutter speed that I can manage without a tripod, and with the widest aperture and highest exposure it can allow me. And in trying to keep the camera steady, I only stayed in one spot throughout the whole show.

rszDSC_6744adj

That was a test shot before the show started. Then all the yellow lights went up, and soon enough a variety of other colors and patterns came to life, bathing everything around in color and conjuring up varying moods.

rszDSC_6751adj
rszDSC_6774adj
rszDSC_6779adj
rszDSC_6803adj

Sorry, but after a while I was seeing the SMART Communications logo. Funny that the Ayalas, who own Globe, a rival telco, felt like it was subliminally telling people to "live more." Haha! I mean, look at the dots on the logo and then the orbs from the show:

logo_SMART
rszDSC_6793adj

Now back to the light show...

rszDSC_6809adj
rszDSC_6839adj
rszDSC_6823adj
rszDSC_6852adj
rszDSC_6858adj
rszDSC_6866adj
rszDSC_6889adj
rszDSC_6898adj
rszDSC_6908adj

Bravo! I enjoyed it -- and I suppose the throngs of people around also did. Light designer Voltaire De Jesus sure did a great job. There's just something about Christmas lights that draws me to them, cheering me up, making me giddy and all that, just like what happened to me at the Meralco Liwanag Park. I know, they bring out the kid in me.

rszDSC_6759adj
rszDSC_6939adj

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler