Take it to the beach with swim shorts (2nd installment)

With summer starting to heat up this part of the globe, all I can think of is the beach. Well, and what to wear to the beach. I've been searching for new stuff at a safe distance--that is from my computer--and found a few good swim shorts from Philippine brands. I also started checking out some foreign brands that have stores here and now I'm excited even more. Here are a few of the pieces I found:

Zara
I've always loved this Spanish brand and it did not disappoint in the swimwear department with checks, tie prints, and paisley. Though still limited for now, the pieces are perfectly short, allowing the wearer to show some thigh for a sexier look. At Php 1,595, I think it's a pretty good deal already.

01z6658417065_2_1_1
Checked swimming shorts, Zara.


02z6658403605_1_1_1
Tie print pattern swim shorts with piping, Zara.

03z6658406402_1_1_1
Paisley print swimming shorts, Zara.

04z6658406600_2_1_1
Paisley print swimming shorts, Zara.

Topman
The British brand offers a wider selection of swim shorts although I'm not sure if all styles are, or will be, available in their Philippine stores. Nonetheless, I like how they've come up with some really cool prints like peacock feathers while still offering tamer options like stripes, monochrome patterns, and solid colors. But even in the plain solid color department, I'm really digging that fresh mint colored one. As for the price, they should be in the Php 1,200 to Php 2,500 range.

05t33P03HTUR_large
Mint plain swim shorts, Topman.

06t33P05HBLK_4_large
Monochrome pattern swim shorts, Topman.

07t33P04HMUL_large
Cut and sew swim shorts, Topman.

08t33P02HBLE_large
Stripe motif swim shorts, Topman.

09t33P14HMUL_large
Peacock feather swim shorts, Topman.

10t33P18HMUL_2_large
Multicolored swim shorts, Topman.

Cotton On
I still haven't seen much from this brand but I'm liking this stripes and skulls print number. Love the faded and slightly worn-out look!

11cv_5d1974136e803f294836b083bbecb799_331324-06-2
Swim shorts, Cotton On.

Speedo
I must admit I don't really think much about Speedo when looking for the perfect shorts to wear to the beach. Blame it on the brand's association with skimpy trunks and competitive wear but mind you, I do own some Speedo swim shorts and they look perfectly fine. Their 2014 collection is still dominated by swimming trunks and athletic wear but I found a few pieces that suit me just fine. Prices should be around Php 1,000 to Php 2,000.

[Update, 05.14.2014: I loved the selections I saw in one of their stores that I had a hard time deciding which ones to get. I mean, of course I had to keep my purchases in check. So apart from this purple number below, I also got a pair of nice orange vintage-inspired swim shorts from Speedo.]

11s1796886_658327220869869_1562928593_o
Swim shorts, Speedo.

12s1781817_658327297536528_295745701_o
Swim shorts, Speedo.

Bershka
Another Spanish brand, Bershka also offers the type of short swim shorts that I personally favor. Saw a solid blue with yellow piping (also comes in other colors like mint, peach, black, and blue) and a bright orange with an ombre effect (that also comes in blue ombre). Love!

13b3879138400_1_1_3
Nylon basic swim shorts, Bershka.

14b3880331600_1_1_3
Swimsuit in gradient color, Bershka.

H&M
Alright, I know the Swedish brand hasn't opened yet in the Philippines but I'm glad they're finally opening their first store this year. That said, and just like H&M's 2013 swimwear collection, I got excited. Wild prints, stripes, or just plain solid colors--plus the perfect length--I'm sold.

13hmprod (1)
Short swim shorts, H&M.

14hmprod
Patterned swim shorts, H&M.

15hmprod (2)
Plain swim shorts, H&M.

So, see you at their stores then see you at the beach!

Comments

  1. Is it bad that I want them all? Lol! Great selections I really love the paisley printed and the ones with the skulls are awesome!

    hugs
    Andy
    theblacklabelblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The proposals of ZARA and H&M are amazing, I would wear those shorts even If I'm not visiting the beach :D great post! Want them all!!!!!

    Pablo
    www.fungiexpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have a retro one from zara
    it's very confortable

    Mi blog by Amo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice selection !! lovely Topman.


    xx
    http://www.thetrendysurfer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ready for the beach! Super swimwear! xxx

    www.stylentonic.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler