LOOKBOOK | 08Oct2015: Camo corporate

20151008_183558_001

Last night I found myself in unfamiliar territory when I attended ISACA Manila's annual general membership meeting. ISACA is an international professional organization focused on IT governance, its membership comprised mainly of IT auditors, IT security guys, and other IT professionals. I don't really feel like I belong in such company, though. Every time I go to such events -- a rarity, I must say -- I feel out of place, keeping mostly to myself or to whoever colleague's with me. Never mind that I'm an IT auditor myself.

Anyway, coming off straight from work, everyone was in their usual corporate slave outfit. As was I, only I don't subscribe exclusively to plain shirts, office slacks, ties, blazers, or suits. For the life of me I wore camo pants yesterday!

20151008_184031
20151008_184212

Yes, camo print pants. And I made it "corporate" by wearing a long-sleeved needle stripe shirt and a bow tie. Because the shirt has some small contrasting details around the buttonholes, I thought a bow tie instead of a necktie was the right choice to go with it. A necktie would only cover all those nice little details.

I wore no other accessory and limited my leather to black. And mainly because I couldn't find the right socks to go with this look, plus I was running late already, I resorted to a sockless look instead. To me it all worked just fine.

20151008_184250
20151008_184517
20151008_185115

For all my military-corporate self-glorification shtick, somehow before the night was up I ended up like this:

20151008_205018

Don't ask.
______________
Shirt (H&M); pants (Uniqlo); bow tie (Tieline); shoes (Aldo).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler