LOOKBOOK | Not part of the (Suicide) Squad

halfwhiteboy joker suicide squad shirt 01

Love it or hate it, I thought Suicide Squad was good. I mean, it sure wasn't perfect but it certainly wasn't the godawful movie those glorified critics are trying to paint.

Anyhow, I got myself a Joker t-shirt that they were selling at the cinema. No offense to Jared Leto but this colorful, stylized skull face depiction of the character is way cooler than the other merchandise with his face on them. Paired it with black skinny jeans and some pinkish ombre boots, and I was good to go.

halfwhiteboy joker suicide squad shirt 02
halfwhiteboy joker suicide squad shirt 03

Even though the Joker isn't technically part of the Suicide Squad in the film, I'm always a Joker fan. But with reportedly a lot of Leto's scenes ending up in the cutting room floor, it was a bit of a letdown to see so little of him in the film. Nevertheless, he gave a great performance, though not as great as Heath Ledger's in my book. I know their interpretations of the iconic villain are very different from each other but Ledger is still the ultimate Joker for me.

Oh, the memories...

halfwhiteboy the joker (2008)

But wait, my t-shirt was actually meant to be a couple's shirt! Kwittiegirl, of course, got the Harley Quinn iteration.

halfwhiteboy joker suicide squad shirt 04 harley quinn

Oh, I almost forgot this is an outfit post. Now let me post a few more pics:

halfwhiteboy joker suicide squad shirt 05
halfwhiteboy joker suicide squad shirt 06
halfwhiteboy joker suicide squad shirt 07
"Oh, I'm not gonna kill you. I'm just gonna hurt you really, really bad."

Ha ha ha ha ha...
__________________
T-shirt (licensed Suicide Squad merchandise); jeans (Uniqlo); boots (from Prima Linea); watch (Pebble Time Steel).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler