FRAGRANCE | 1920 The Origin by Tous: Another love at first sniff

halfwhiteboy - tous 1920 the origin edp

I've never heard of Tous before but I'm glad I stumbled upon it at a mall fragrance store. Read up a bit and learned that Tous is a Spanish jewelry house founded in 1920 and that their foray into cosmetics and fragrances only started in 2002.

There were only a few of the brand's fragrances at the store and 1920 The Origin was the first that I sniffed. And that was it--I instantly wanted the fragrance. Although not exactly the same, it somehow reminded me of my favorite Terre d'Hermes. Just a wee bit, which I think is because of the citrus.

1920 The Origin sports a relatively lightweight, brownish-gray bottle, where its bottom half is encased in a copper-colored contraption (which I think is made of plastic). It's not the fanciest-looking fragrance bottle out there but I think it can still stand out because it's different from most bottles.

1920 has a citrusy-spicy opening, with an underlying, though subtle, sweetness. There's an unmistakable cumin note that cannot be ignored here. I used to hate this note because it comes off to me as BO. But I've since come around to it. I think it adds an exotic touch to the fragrance.

As the fragrance develops, some woody and earthy tones appear but with the citrus and spice still very much around. It has decent projection, predictably stronger in its first hour or two. Longevity, on the other hand, is between moderate to above average, which is just about alright for an EDP. Normally it can last you throughout the day but will stay close to your skin by then.

Overall, 1920 The Origin by Tous is a good fragrance, which, by the way, gets me compliments often. That said, it still comes across as pleasant to many despite its spicy accords. Performance is respectable and it's relatively inexpensive. It's not totally a cheapie but it costs less than most mainstream fragrances. While I'm recommending it, I suggest that you try before you buy because of that cumin note--you know, just to make sure that it works for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler