LOOKBOOK | Rips, patches, and spikes

halfwhiteboy - ripped denim jacket with spikes and patches 01
Doing the "smungay" pose.

Ah, I guess this could be what you would call a "rock and roll" jacket. Ripped denim, patches, spikes--yeah, very "rock." I acknowledge it's a jacket that I don't really need but wanted anyway. As if it were the perfect justification, it was on sale, so I got it.

Then it stayed hidden in a drawer for several weeks. Of course I didn't know where to wear it but I knew the time would come. Alas, I was invited as replacement for a boss who couldn't attend the awarding ceremonies for "innovation and coaching rockstars!" Perfect, I thought. To be clear, I am none of those two but I fancied the "rockstars" thing. The attire was your best night out getup. Yeah, the jacket might be a little bit of a stretch but I giddily went for it anyway.

halfwhiteboy - ripped denim jacket with spikes and patches 02
Poser.

halfwhiteboy - ripped denim jacket with spikes and patches 03
Look at all those details on the back! I bet you can't fault me for wanting this.

It was denim on denim for me that night, with a simple Gudetama t-shirt underneath my prized jacket, then black sneakers to complete the look. No fancy accessories anymore because the jacket alone is already too much. I loved it. There was no awkward feeling whatsoever and I pranced along the venue comfortably.

halfwhiteboy - ripped denim jacket with spikes and patches 04
Yeah, milk it.

halfwhiteboy - ripped denim jacket with spikes and patches 05
And... an elevator selfie. Haha!

Now I wonder when I can wear this next.
______________
Jacket (Topman); t-shirt (The SM Store); jeans (Uniqlo); shoes (Arkk Copenhagen).

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler