LOOKBOOK | The stiff and loose dichotomy

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 01
Why so serious?

I don't get to wear them often but I'm really loving these kimono cardigans from House of Nippon, which come in a variety of prints that it feels like I can never have enough. They're very fashionable and perfect for lightweight layering. This time we go brown and with a stiffer fabric so the sleeves stay in form. This one's also a little long for that extra swag as you saunter your way around town.

In direct contrast to all this stiffness, I wore some loose-fitting trousers that are a little high-waisted and ankle-length. Not that I had had enough of fitted pants but let's just say we also need to expand our horizon a bit, try something we're not accustomed to.

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 02-001
Trying out high-waisted pants. Not too high-waisted, though.

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 03
I guess I'm really feeling it.

As for color coordination, I believe brown works fine with the dusty, pinkish-brown hue of the pants. And then it's just a plain black tee for maximum comfort, though I still went for brogues because I still want to keep everything office-appropriate. Well, in a way. In a casual way.

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 04
Believe me, I'm smiling. Well, just a wee bit.

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 05
City sidewalks, busy sidewalks.

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 06
Not looking, not looking.

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 07
Look how stiff the kimono's fabric is, which helps it maintain its form.

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 08
Hey, stranger!

halfwhiteboy - kimono cardigan and wide fit pants 09
Uhm, caption this?

Try one now!
__________________
Kimono cardigan (House of Nippon); t-shirt and pants (Uniqlo); shoes (Massimo Dutti).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler