FRAGRANCE | Ungaro pour L'Homme III EDT by Emanuel Ungaro: Surprisingly light and gentle

halfwhiteboy - Ungaro pour L'Homme III EDT by Emanuel Ungaro

Let me start with how handsome the bottle is--elegant and masculine with just the right amount of gold. It's almost brooding to me, giving the impression that this fragrance is dark and perhaps heavy. But Emanuel Ungaro's Ungaro pour L'Homme III is surprisingly light and, I daresay, fresh.

When I first sprayed it I got confused and couldn't make out the notes. There didn't seem to be any standouts, as if they were all leveled like perfectly manicured shrubs. I had to test with a couple more sprays on different occasions before I could make sense of it somehow. Even if, I still couldn't say much.

The opening is sharp, alcoholic, a tad citrusy, and dry. The alcohol is the vodka, I presume. The citrus easily dissipates, though, followed by the alcoholic accord. There are floral notes although I can barely detect the rose, which is supposedly a dominant note, I've read. This rose is fresh but it's like it's been ripped apart and blended with all these other ingredients into this pleasant and inoffensive compound of a fragrance.

Contrary to what its black packaging seems to suggest, the overall vibe I get from Ungaro pour L'Homme III is green. There's a very mild, earthy and woody accord in the drydown but the fragrance remains predominantly green to me at this stage, on my skin at least. Performance-wise, it doesn't project much and it stays close to skin for most of its life, which I peg at around 4 to 5 hours, so touch-ups may be necessary.

I find Ungaro pour L'Homme III elegant overall. It doesn't scream and as such is a safe bet. It's not one of my favorites but it's a pretty decent fragrance nonetheless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'