LOOKBOOK | Malling in mules

halfwhiteboy - t-shirt, linen pants, and JW Anderson mules 0

Took advantage of the one-day Chinese New Year holiday today to get myself some new specs. And since I rarely go out, I also finally found the perfect excuse to wear these JW Anderson mules my wife got me for Christmas. I'm not much of a sandals type of person because I don't like it when my feet sweat and they start collecting dirt. But with closed-toe slides like these, I can "half-wear" socks to save me from any unwanted icky feeling. 

Honestly, though, it's really the gold, oversize chain accoutrement that made me want this piece to begin with, so much so that I was willing to settle for this color because we couldn't find a black or brown pair in my size at the time. In hindsight, the reddish hue is perfect for CNY. 

halfwhiteboy - t-shirt, linen pants, and JW Anderson mules 01a
halfwhiteboy - t-shirt, linen pants, and JW Anderson mules 02a

To complement the footwear's color, I wore camel-colored linen pants and a very neutral gray V-neck tee. The understated hues make sure that my clothes don't clash with the mules because I don't want anything competing with my statement piece (except for my man boobs perhaps, which are also vying for attention and which I can't do anything about at this point). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'