LOOKBOOK | 08Sept2015: Color me blue

20150908_185406_001

Lotsa blue!

Isn't it great when the skies suddenly decide to just pour out right when people are about to leave work, forcing everyone in what should have been rush hour to, well, not rush? Because traffic is at a standstill. So to while away time I gave in to my vanity urges and thought of doing an outfit post.

I was in the mood for blue today; it's obvious. I know the color's often associated with sadness but I sure didn't want to appear sad. So the trick was to employ a top that, although dominated by different shades of blue, also has a slew of other different colors. Everything's still subtle enough because it's all in a plaid pattern and blue is still dominant, albeit tempered.

Then throw in a pair of black loafers with an apple green sole to further break the blue monochrome. Lighten everything further with eyeglasses with a white and clear plastic frame.

20150908_190049
20150908_185138_001
20150908_185441
20150908_185053_001
20150908_190627

Meanwhile in the Catholic world, it's the Virgin Mary's birthday today. I realized my color scheme is so apt.
_____________
Shirt and pants (both Uniqlo); loafers (Zara Man); eyeglasses (Hang Ten).

Comments

  1. Cool outfit...here´s been raining all the time so we are almost in a very constant stand still. I didn´t know blue was associated with sadness, its my favourite color, in my mind it was always linked to royalty LOL.

    Hugs
    Andy
    www.theblacklabelblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler