FRAGRANCE | Vial trial: L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque

halfwhiteboy - diptyque l'eau de tarocco edt

Vial Trials are my reviews of sample fragrances given out by sales people from various store purchases. Compared to my posts about full bottles--which are mostly positive because I already like them in the first place, that's why I bought them--Vial Trials are hopefully less one-sided since they were just given to me; I didn't pick them.

In this installment is L'Eau de Tarocco by Diptyque. Although I love Diptyque, the last one I reviewed--Tam Dao--didn't impress me that much, so let's see about this one.

Packaged in the same nifty 2mL spray vial as Tam Dao, L'Eau de Tarocco opens with a beautiful, crisp orange scent that's sweet but not cloyingly so. I normally don't like citrusy scents but this one is elegantly tempered by spicy notes, lending it a slight warmth (ironically enough, my favorite Terre d'Hermes also has a citrusy opening). It could be the saffron and ginger, which are both listed as notes here, although I honestly don't know how saffron should smell like. Either way, it's a wonderful blend.

The orange's vibrance soon mellows down--though still there--revealing a light but warm, spicy base laced with rose around the edges. I also get some wood further in the drydown. It's beautifully complex.

L'Eeau de Tarocco projects well at the opening, its strength gradually decreasing with time until it becomes a skin scent. Longevity to me is somewhere between moderate and long-lasting. It gets reignited, though, when your body warms up.

Overall, L'Eau de Tarocco is an interesting take on a citrus fragrance. Obviously it's best associated with spring/summer but it's versatile enough to take you through the colder months. I love it, and would love it even more if it were really long-lasting. But really, I don't mind a few extra sprays here and there. Is it worth getting a full bottle? We already did.

Comments

  1. This sounds like such a wonderful fragrance! You describe it really well.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler