LOOKBOOK | Finally...me and my big red boots!

halfwhiteboy - black and gray baggy outfit with Mschf Big Red Boots 01

Just me, all alone sitting in a coffee shop devouring a sandwich. It was a tiring Friday and I needed a quick break, even if it was already late into the afternoon. But never mind, because I was wearing my MSCHF Big Red Boots.

Yes, those oversized, cartoonish rubber boots that resembled Astroboy's footwear—I finally got my own pair. When the boots first made the rounds on social media early this year, I knew I wanted a pair. Unfortunately, they sold out in a jiffy. I wasn't going to give in to eBay sharks flipping pairs for up to close to a thousand dollars, so all I could do for months was hope that MSCHF would restock. And they eventually did! My wife wasted no time and got each of us a pair.

I always imagined I'd be wearing them to the office. I mean, I've been wearing all sorts of footwear to work: red wingtips, pink loafers, silver brogues, and JW Anderson chain loafers—you name it. So what difference would another pair of red footwear make? Well, it's probably pushing the envelope a little (*wink*) but I don't think it would be any more shocking than what I've worn in the past.

Still, I exercised restraint and debuted them on a Friday. I also tried to be as inconspicuous as possible by wearing dark, baggy clothing, with pants wide enough to cover the upper part of the boots. I'm not sure, though, if I was successful.

halfwhiteboy - black and gray baggy outfit with Mschf Big Red Boots 02
halfwhiteboy - black and gray baggy outfit with Mschf Big Red Boots 03
halfwhiteboy - black and gray baggy outfit with Mschf Big Red Boots 04

Well, I eventually showed the whole thing and wore the boots over my pants. Now I felt like Astroboy. Despite my rather busy day, wearing MSCHF's Big Red Boots was so much fun for me. The icing on the cake was that my boots also became a source of joy for people at the office. Happy to have made everyone happy.

halfwhiteboy - black and gray baggy outfit with Mschf Big Red Boots 05
halfwhiteboy - black and gray baggy outfit with Mschf Big Red Boots 06
halfwhiteboy - black and gray baggy outfit with Mschf Big Red Boots 07

I wasn't informed the boots came with thrusters, though, so yay! Up, up, and away I go!

halfwhiteboy - black and gray baggy outfit with Mschf Big Red Boots 08

Happy weekend, y'all!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'