[Lookbook 11.11.2012] The black hole effect

rszPSR_3382adj

Last week I attended a colleague's wedding (which I rarely do) and this was what I wore. No, it's not a funeral. Believe me, it's a wedding. Everyone invited was requested to wear black, that's why. So I pulled on an all-black getup -- shirt, suit, bow tie and shoes. And oh, yes, sunnies since it was an outdoor wedding and the sun was still too bright.

rszPSR_3590adj

GQ Magazine, however, is not particularly fond of this look, which it calls "the black hole effect." Because there's nothing but black and only your face, a little of your neck, and your hands that show, it's like you're being sucked into a black hole.

But I had to comply with the dress code, and everybody else actually did as well. So the challenge was how to create contrasts within an all-black ensemble. Well, I didn't have much but at least the lapels of my suit and my bow tie had a bit of sheen to somehow save me from being completely sucked into the hole.

Anyway, I hope you can see through all the black. Most of my pictures are group shots, but I'm sure my colleagues won't mind me posting them here.

rszPSR_3385adj
rszPSR_3514adj
rszPSR_3532adj

_____________
Shirt, suit jacket and bow tie (all Merger); pants (Zara Man); shoes (Call It Spring). Photos by Jasmin Garcia.

Comments

  1. YOU LOOK COOL AND YOUR FRIENDS SEEM LOVELY TOO!!!;))
    XOXO




    http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for the wedding styling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pose and shades in the third picture resembles Keanu Reeves in Matrix in my opinion. Matching both glossy and flat fabrics is a really good way to stand from the black crowd :D

    Greetings from Poland

    secondhand-dandy@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! he wore sunnies of a different style, though. now if only i had black trench or something...

      Delete
  4. great pix. i'm actually attending a wedding two weeks from now as well and wearing a similar jacket. luckily there's no dress code. love the black on black though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You seriously need to smile. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler