FRAGRANCE | Aramis Havana EDT: A definitive masculine classic

halfwhiteboy - aramis havana edt

So far, so good. With my blind buys, I mean. After Guerlain Habit Rouge and Armaf Club de Nuit Intense Man, here comes Aramis Havana. I'm on a roll!

Released in 1994, Aramis Havana is undeniably masculine. It's in-your-face masculine. I understand that there are purveyors of the thought that fragrances shouldn't be defined by gender. However, by all these marketing standards that have shaped our perceptions over the decades, Havana is definitely a men's fragrance.

The opening is a citrusy and spicy mix on my skin. And even this early, I already get the tobacco that practically dominates this juice. It's not the dried type of tobacco, like what I get from Burberry London, but green tobacco leaves that haven't completely dried out yet. It's quite a strong opening, reminiscent of 70s and 80s powerhouses, and this lasts between an hour or two, even a little more on some occasions.

There's also a powdery accord that I get while the wonderful green tobacco lingers, all before settling to a milder, earthy drydown, courtesy of the patchouli, vetiver, and oakmoss. The tobacco, however, makes occasional reappearances every time my body warms up.

Havana has excellent performance, with near-beastly projection in its first two hours at least, so I caution against being in close quarters until the fragrance has somehow settled. Longevity is likewise very good, lasting all day. Probably my only complaint is with the packaging, which looks cheap. Both bottle and cap are so lightweight and well, cheap. Not a deal-breaker, though.

In summary, Aramis Havana is a wonderful masculine fragrance with excellent performance. It probably suits older men more, who are in their thirties at least, but hey, what could stop a confident twenty-something from wearing this? I believe it suits all weathers (I'm from the tropics) although I haven't tried it yet when it's extremely hot and humid. Although it worked for me and I really love it, I still suggest to try it before you buy it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler