LOOKBOOK | Party all-white

halfwhiteboy - all-white outfit 01

Talk about a late post! A very late post in fact. This was an outfit I wore to our department year-end party last December. While everyone was donning all sorts of battery-powered lights, Halloween-esque black, silver, and neon trappings because the theme was "digital" (whatever that means), I opted to go against the tide and, in my vocabulary, not make too much of an effort.

Don't take things too literally, I told myself. Besides, I wanted an outfit, not a costume. I contemplated on whether I can put an all-white ensemble together based on stuff I already have. I was going after one of them sci-fi characters in sleek uniforms while going about their day inside some futuristic, brightly-lit, all-white headquarters of sorts. But I didn't have the right jacket. What I had in mind was something with a Chinese collar and a slim silhouette. I knew finding one was a long shot unless I had it custom-made.

Last-minute shopping and I found a shirt jacket but it wasn't the collar I was looking for, nor was it the right fabric. This one's cut like it was a denim jacket. I just went for it anyway since I had another pair of white pants that could match the jacket's fabric. Now cue my white Disruptors and I was good to go. Plus cheap shades for added impact. I forgot I was indoors--and at nighttime at that.

halfwhiteboy - all-white outfit 02
'Sup?

halfwhiteboy - all-white outfit 03
Mirror, mirror on the wall...

halfwhiteboy - all-white outfit 04
Not what I had in mind but this would do.

halfwhiteboy - all-white outfit 05
This place is too bright.

Now you have to congratulate me because I made it through the evening without soiling my immaculately all-white getup. And you say wearing white pants is challenging?

Meanwhile, sometime during the evening I had to change outfits for a dance number. Jersey and joggers? So not me but I was digging it anyway.

halfwhiteboy - jersey and joggers
From all-white to all-black. Well, almost.

Have a great week ahead!
______________
Jacket and shades (H&M); t-shirt (Uniqlo); pants (Regatta); shoes (Fila).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'