FRAGRANCE | Vial Trial: L'Envol de Cartier EDP

halfwhiteboy - L'Envol de Cartier EDP

I've been meaning to try Cartier fragrances for some time now. So when my wife came across someone selling all sorts of fragrance samples online, I zeroed in on her Cartier items. First one I picked to try is L'Envol de Cartier EDP.

A sweet, slightly boozy scent zips through the opening. I'm not sure where that boozy accord is coming from but I wanted it to stay a little longer, even a few more minutes of it. But no, L'Envol's woody properties readily emerge. Lightly coated with honey and topped with some florals for good reason, the wood isn't dry, nor is it heavy.

Not long after, the patchouli starts gliding in, slowly but steadily entering the picture. It's not strong or off-putting because of the honey, plus there's a faint powdery scent occasionally peeking through, along with a very light musky undertone. For comparison, Tempo by Diptyque is dry and earthy, and YSL's M7 Oud Absolu, while also sweet, is heavier.

I find this Cartier release classy and versatile. It's an overall light and pleasant fragrance but with enough character to keep it from being boring. I see it mostly as a daytime scent but it works just as fine during evenings. Its modest performance can give you several hours of wear although a respray may be warranted if only to give it a boost.

All in all I think L'Envol de Cartier EDP is worth a full bottle. Try it at least.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler