FRAGRANCE | Vial trial: Tempo EDP by Diptyque

halfwhiteboy - Diptyque Tempo EDP

Vial Trials are my reviews of sample fragrances given out by sales people from various store purchases. Compared to my posts about full bottles--which are mostly positive because I already like them in the first place, that's why I bought them--Vial Trials are hopefully less one-sided since they were just given to me; I didn't pick them.

This sample, Tempo EDP by Diptyque, has been with me for several months now. I love that it's a 10ml sprayer, which is quite generous for a freebie (I must be a very good customer then). I love it so much that I still haven't used it, as if it were something so precious I didn't want to part with. But I have to use it, so here goes.

Tempo is one of two new releases earlier this year in celebration of Diptyque's 50th anniversary. The other is Fleur de Peau (of which I was also given a 10ml sample). I'll review that one soon.

With Tempo, there's no bright, fresh, or citrusy greeting, as it goes straight to business with its main star, patchouli. It's spicy and earthy, woody to an extent, but well-rounded and polished with that Diptyque air of sophistication. There's no sweetening things up here, and instead there's a tea note to complement all the earthiness, celebrating it rather than covering it up. I love it.

Projection is quite good, with a fragrance cloud that you'll never think is there but is noticeable to others around you. It's never assaulting, however, so it's still pretty safe to wear to work. The scent lasts long but stays close to the skin after some time, more so in its waning hours. But it's still there, and a little body heat can help reignite it anytime.

halfwhiteboy - Diptyque Tempo and Fleur de Peau EDP

Tempo for me is a fantastic addition to the French perfume house's line (I enjoy Diptyque Volutes a lot, by the way). Wonderful earthy scent, decent performance--what's not to love? Though officially marketed as unisex, it's a little masculine-leaning for me. It's perfect all year round but I can see it shining best during colder times. Although it's a try before you buy for me, it definitely is full bottle-worthy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler