FRAGRANCE | An all-day spa vibe with ScentSmith Perfumery's Lavander Tonka EDP

halfwhiteboy - Lavander Tonka EDP by ScentSmith Perfumery

Marketed under their unisex category, ScentSmith Perfumery's Lavander Tonka EDP is a little strange for a wearable fragrance, that I must admit. Oddly enough, though, I actually kind of like it.

Lavander Tonka is a minty lavender assault that's undeniably fresh. Shortly after spraying, I get a wonderful cooling sensation on my skin - literally. It's like I applied some balm or something. This lasts for a few minutes but the mint, as a scent, goes on to stay.

The lavender is just as prominent but I don't get any tonka. I can catch very faint and fleeting traces of citrus but only after the mint has relaxed and when I put my nose against where I sprayed. Any sweetness here is dialed down considerably, which goes against this house's propensity for ambery sweet bases.

I don't know what else is thrown into the mix but I'm getting a spa vibe right from the start, which makes it rather strange for a fragrance that's meant to be worn. The lavender here is raw and unpolished, which isn't something I'm used to in perfumes. The scent makes me feel like I'm in a spa. It feels relaxing but the question is, do you want to smell like a spa yourself?

Sometimes I don't mind and I happily wear it even when I'm leaving the house. It's like I am my own spa wherever my day takes me. And as with all things ScentSmith, it performs quite well, both in terms of projection and longevity. However, I find it most useful during bedtime or when I simply want a relaxing time at home. It sure is not for everybody but I'd say go give it a try to see if it speaks to you and if you think you can find an occasion or setting to wear it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'