FRAGRANCE | Feel clean and fresh by going down and 'Dirty' by Lush

halfwhiteboy - Dirty Body Spray by Lush 01

For many years now, Dirty by Lush has been a staple of sorts at home, like we always have that familiar cleaning product of a black bottle on standby. For some reason I'm fine with the body spray (along with its quirky presentation) and I've never bothered with the EDT. It's not like we use it very often, though, but in our case there will always come the need for it, be it a premeditated antidote to a hot and humid day, or some random urge to enjoy an instant burst of freshness.

And that's precisely what Dirty offers - a clean and fresh feeling delivered through a powerful mint and lavender combo, and underscored by some herbal nuances. It's a fairly common pairing but the results are varied. For instance, ScentSmith Perfumery's Lavander Tonka gives me some serious spa vibes that I find very relaxing. Dirty, on the other hand, is a perk-me-up scent. Instead of peppermint or just good o'l mint, which to me are more commonly used in perfumery, Lush opted for spearmint, and result is decidedly different.

Once the mint has mellowed, I get an ever so slightly creamy accord that's also a wee bit woody. Just a wee bit, as the mint is still king all throughout. Projection is heavy in the first 30 minutes, and varies between moderate and soft thereafter. In my experience the scent can last for about 4 or 5 hours, even more, although it sits close to the skin by that time. Not bad at all for a mere body spray! I can only imagine how the EDT would be even longer-lasting than this.

All things considered, Dirty by Lush is one helluva fragrance. I don't think everyone will like it but it's absolutely worth trying.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'