FRAGRANCE | Vial trial: Quercus Cologne by Penhaligon's

halfwhiteboy - Quercus Cologne by Penhaligon's

This is part of a scent library sample pack I got from Penhaligon's from way back. After trying out Sartorial and Blenheim Bouquet, now it's Quercus Cologne that's up for testing.

I'm immediately greeted by this fresh combination of citruses and florals. It's extremely pleasant and just perfect for the summer heat. There's an underlying mossy and earthy accord that adds some depth to the fragrance but it stays in the background. There's a bit of sweetness, too, but not much to distract from the cologne's affable vibe.

Quercus felt very familiar, however, like I've smelled it before. I tried so hard to remember what it was and then it hit me - CK One. I haven't compared them side by side but from my memory the similarities are undeniable. I can probably say, though, that Quercus, which came two years later, is a more refined version of that 90s bestseller.

Considering it's a cologne, it's not a very long-lasting scent at all. Projection is mostly soft but is strongest in its first hour and is dependent on how much of it you've applied on your skin. On its own I'd say that Quercus Cologne is a nice scent and is something you may want to have for those days when you just crave for a simple, fresh, and pleasant option. However, when you factor in how much Penhaligon's charges for a bottle, then it becomes an entirely different story. Personally, though, I'd skip it unless I can get it for cheap.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'