FRAGRANCE | Un Jardin Sur Le Toit EDT by Hermès: Beautifully green with a fruity twist

halfwhiteboy - Un Jardin Sur Le Toit EDT by Hermes 01

My wife has long been into Hermès's Un Jardin line and I realized that the bottles at home have been quietly growing in number. However, not once have I worn anything from this collection, so I thought it was about time I shared in the fun. First up is Un Jardin Sur Le Toit, which, according to Fragrantica, translates to "A Garden on the Roof."

Un Jardin Sur Le Toit is a beautiful green fragrance with a fruity twist. A dominant apple note proudly announces itself right from the beginning. It's tart and sweet but is never cloying for me, perhaps due to its underlying herbal-like profile. Unlike another of Jean-Claude Ellena's creations, Eau de Campagne by Sisley, this one does not carry any tinge of bitterness.

Equally prominent on my skin is rose, which latches on to the fragrance's fruity facets and never lets go, turning a little jammy in the process. It's like it's shadowing the apple; I smell one and I instantly smell the other. Yet through all this the fragrance's green backbone remains just as prominent.

Sur Le Toit is pretty much a linear fragrance with an overall moderate performance both in terms of projection and longevity. I normally do a touchup or two to get me through the day but only because I want to jolt it back to life. It's too good to be a mere skin scent after several hours. It's unisex, though admittedly a little feminine-leaning by mainstream standards. It's not a freshie but it's a good antidote for hot summer days. Definitely worth trying.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'