[Project Look Book] Friday, April 15, 2011

Was on sick leave yesterday. So that's one less Look Book post. On the bright side, though, it's like I skipped a day and now it's Friday! And it's revelation day for my self-imposed theme this week.

rszDSC_8965adj3

But before that, today I'm wearing a thrifted chambray shirt that was supposedly for yesterday's look. Paired it with these brown pants with flaps from U at Rustan's and one of three pairs of espadrilles I bought over the weekend.

rszDSC_8985adj2

Finally some native/tribal-inspired bracelets to go with the outfit.

rszDSC_8993

So what was this week's theme?

Inexpensive items! Okay, relatively inexpensive items if you object. Not that everything's really cheap since it's a little difficult with the pants and more so with the shoes. But each day I wore at least one item that won't make a dent in your wallet.

Monday I wore a shirt that was less than 400 pesos (around $9). The pants were probably around 800 to 900 pesos ($19 to $21). And the cord jacket was thrifted.

Tuesday I donned another thrifted shirt. And last Wednesday I was in cheap chinos that cost about 900 pesos or less and a shirt that I got for around 500 pesos ($12) or so. And for today, don't get carried away by the mere mention of "Rustan's." I got these pants on sale for less than a thousand bucks. Even if a store is known for its high pricing, never discount the possibility of finding something you can afford.

With this week's theme, I simply wanted to disprove the notion that I only wear "branded" clothes (Note: While the likes of Topman, Zara, H&M and similar brands are considered affordable in the West, they're still regarded as fairly "expensive" by most people here in the Philippines. The Peso's weak purchasing power is partly to blame.). Although I have absolutely no intention of shunning these brands, I also want to throw in some really cheap stuff I like into my wardrobe. I can say I have a pretty good mix.

How about you, do you also have some cheap finds?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler