FRAGRANCE | Arabian Mystery Soleil Mystery EDP by Paris Corner: An affordable sweet delight

halfwhiteboy - Arabian Mystery Soleil Mystery EDP

Much has been said about this Arabian fragrance, that it's quite a good clone of Maison Francis Kurkdjian's bestselling Baccarat Rouge 540. But I don't want to go there. Much like I did with Armaf's Club de Nuit Intense Man, I want to "judge" Arabian Mystery Soleil Mystery on its own merits.

Despite being a cheapie (I think I got it for only Php 1,500), Arabian Mystery's packaging cannot be discounted. It's a pretty decent bottle, quite heavy at that, with a pearl-like sheen that beautifully glistens in the sunlight.

As I've learned through a handful of fragrances, like Al-Rehab's Soft for one, Arabian perfumes have a reputation for being potent, and this juice only drives that point further. It opens sweet, sugary sweet, and practically stays like this throughout. There's a blast of alcohol that accompanies the opening, but which I can forgive considering its price point. Besides, it's more of the sweetness that projects - and it projects quite strongly - so the alcohol isn't that noticeable unless you stick your nose to where you sprayed.

After about an hour the alcohol finally disappears but there's a subtle, metallic note that remains. It continues to project its sweet self but for me it never gets cloying. Only after a few hours does it start to mellow but still affording you occasional, wonderful whiffs of it. This fragrance got some legs, I tell you.

Although pretty linear to me, Arabian Mystery Soleil Mystery is one solid fragrance that's worth a try. It was a successful blind buy for me, and I think it's a safe bet but perhaps only if you're into sweet scents and gourmands. But with the price, you already got a winner here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'