FRAGRANCE | Gucci Guilty Absolute EDP: Leather, leather, and more leather

halfwhiteboy - Gucci Guilty Absolute EDP

I haven't had much experience with Gucci fragrances. My last one, Gucci by Gucci Sport Pour Homme, was a complete dud. I do occasionally sniff testers in stores but none has managed to really capture my fancy. That is until I tried Gucci Guilty Absolute.

First off I was drawn to the juice's gorgeously warm, brown color. I don't know but there's something about dark-hued fragrances that attracts me. From The Uncompromising Sohan's brilliant, reddish brown color, Baptême du Feu's delectably purplish liquid, or The Tragedy of Lord George's mysterious-looking, dark green shade, I've always had a thing for them.

Gucci Guilty Absolute delivers with a very strong and dry take on leather. It's having none of the sweetness and floral notes that are normally employed to "prettify" this material. Instead, it turns to wood, vetiver, cypress, and patchouli, resulting in a dark and very dry composition that's unmistakably masculine.

It comes off as a mature scent to me, and don't expect to get compliments. This is a fragrance for the self-assured man who doesn't need any validation from other people. Although I don't mind, it's practically linear, with which the only noticeable change is its eventual waning strength.

While I am loving every bit of it, I believe this fragrance may not be everyone's cup of tea. Some may even hate it to the core. But for those who dig a warm leather and wood mix, it sure is a runaway winner. This deftly blended juice deserves to be appreciated because despite the utter dryness, it never is sharp unlike, say, Davidoff Leather Blend, which is also a relatively dry approach to leather (although I also like that one).

This release has definitely changed the way I view Gucci fragrances. Now I think they deserve a second look (or sniff), as I just might find another gem somewhere. With admirable longevity and projection that teeters between moderate and heavy, Gucci Guilty Absolute is worth having. However, as it may not be for everybody, I recommend trying it first before pulling the trigger.

Comments

  1. I might buy this for my husband, it sounds like a fragrance I would like on him. I don't think I bought a Gucci perfume before. Thank you for your review.

    https://modaodaradosti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would recommend my profile is important to me, I invite you to discuss this topic. perfume Chanel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler