FRAGRANCE | Bentley for Men Intense EDP: An elegant, manly scent worthy of the Bentley name

halfwhiteboy - Bentley for Men Intense EDP

Having read a lot of good things about Bentley for Men Intense, I have long been curious about ths fragrance. On paper, the scent profile and description seem like something that I would like, so I've been meaning to cop a bottle since. For some reason, though, it's been constantly bumped off by other fragrances with which I felt the urgency of owning to be more pressing. Anyway, I finally bought a bottle.

Although only a cardboard box, the packaging nonetheless gives off a sophisticated vibe. Maybe it's the metallic color, the embossed logo, I'm not sure. Likewise, the bottle elicits a great first impression - elegant, thick, and heavy. Moreover, the juice's brown color excites me.

The moment I first sprayed it on I was hooked. It's warm and intoxicating, boozy with a beautiful, resinous sweetness. It's strong but not overbearing, brawny but elegant. It's a scent that befits a man of confidence, or at least someone who wants to feel like one.

I get a sort of plasticky accord in the opening, which somehow reminds me a bit of Dior Homme Intense. I suppose it's the incense, something to do with how it's treated in this creation and blended with certain notes. It's not a bad thing for me, by the way. While smoky, the incense here isn't dark and heavy. I find it rather light and airy, something along the lines of L'Artisan Parfumeur's Dzongkha or Jovoy's La Liturgie des Heures but still decidedly different.

As the fragrance develops, I get more of a woody and leathery character, which only reinforces its already obvious masculinity. The rum is still very much around, along with the sweetness and a bit of that light smokiness. It understandably loses some of its intensity after, say, 3 or 4 hours but it is one long-lasting scent that can confidently take you from morning till night.

I think it's obvious that I love Bentley for Men Intense. It certainly delivers both in terms of scent and performance, which all the more is impressive when you consider that it's cheaper than most designer frags out there. I'm not sure how to categorize it since it's not a fashion house but a car brand. Either way, it's a must-have for me. I say cast your prejudices aside and give this handsome gentleman a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'