FRAGRANCE | Risqué pour Homme Parfum by Roja Dove: Exquisite scent but lacks power

halfwhiteboy - Risqué pour Homme Parfum by Roja 01

The higher the price, the higher the expectations. I don't know if you also subscribe to this thought but with the prices Roja Dove commands for its fragrances, I'm pretty sure I can't be faulted for expecting more from this bottle of Risqué pour Homme Parfum than I would usually do with other houses. That its presentation is so extra is almost a given already but more than anything, it's really the juice that should justify the price.

Risqué pour Homme has an inherently smoky and slightly sweet character courtesy of incense and resins. It's not as dark as Amouage Memoir nor is it as light and airy as L'Artisan's Dzongkha. It falls somewhere in the middle.

The opening is brightened up momentarily by citruses and some lavender. There's also a fruity-sweet undertone—peach, actually—and a hint of spiciness somewhere. The brightness, however, is short-lived although the peach stays around a little longer. Around 30 minutes in all these different notes harmonize into a scent that's primarily smoky with a slightly sweet and fruity support.

Cedar joins in later in the game but it doesn't outdo the incense, somehow content with playing second fiddle. It does grow a little stronger at some point, popping up in alternating fashion with the incense, all while underpinned by a mild resinous sweetness. They also seem to decide to rest together at random before going back to their game of hide-and-seek.

The overall blend is just exquisite, giving off an air of formality and elegance, making it suitable for formal occasions so to speak. It projects strongly for an hour or two but unfortunately it loses its power almost immediately after. Personally I find it sad because Risqué pour Homme is such a beautiful perfume to not be noticed, not by other people but by me, as I don't really care much for compliments. All I want is for me to enjoy what I'm wearing but I can hardly smell it after only a couple of hours, and it's completely gone before day's end. Yes, I can always respray but my, is it such a costly thing to do!

Still worth sampling for the scent alone if you can afford it but better if you can find a good deal.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler