FRAGRANCE | Siam Proun Parfum by Olympic Orchids takes you to a lush herb garden

halfwhiteboy - Olympic Orchids Siam Proun Parfum 01

After Olympic Orchids took me to a cold, dank cave with Night Flyer—a rather unusual olfactive journey that I really enjoyed, by the way—I was ready to be surprised with where it would bring me next with Siam Proun.

As it turns out, the fragrance transports me to a lush herbal garden, cool breeze blowing gently on my face. It's unabashedly herbal, with very strong rosemary and thyme notes. Clarins Eau Ressourcante may also be a bit herbal but Siam Proun is on an entirely different plane. The notes I mentioned alone simply come at you relentlessly until you surrender to a relaxing, fragrant bliss.

If all this sounds scary, don't worry because despite the prominence of these two herbs, it won't conjure any images of roasted chicken. For one, there's lavender to keep everything in check. Also, there's this cooling sensation I can't quite place, which further elevates the scent to something, I daresay, therapeutic. More than anything, the overall vibe the scent creates is akin to some top-notch spa. I remember ScentSmith Perfumery's Lavander Tonka gives me a similar feel but that one is more minty than herbal.

halfwhiteboy - Olympic Orchids Siam Proun Parfum 02

As the herb and floral combo continue to unfold, a touch of earthiness is revealed. It's far from the cold, wet earth of Night Flyer but it's there working in the background, easily adding another layer to the composition. There's also a light touch of ambery sweetness, just enough to add flavor without turning the whole thing into a gourmand. The overall profile is cool and fresh but quite inexplicably, it also carries with it an underlying warmth.

Projection is generally moderate although understandably it softens with time. It does last for several hours, though. I'm not sure when and where best to wear this but its inoffensive nature can arguably make a case for versatility. Just the same, I'm content with wearing it at home for my personal enjoyment. Siam Proun is fairly unusual for a fragrance and is, without doubt, not for everyone. Nevertheless, it is something to be appreciated. Do give it a try.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'