LOOKBOOK | My cord game

halfwhiteboy - striped shirt and corduroy pants 01

I just posted about wearing stripes on stripes and cautioned against pairing verticals and horizontals. Now I'm wearing stripes again and turns out I'm doing just that--pairing verticals and horizontals. Well, sort of. My pants are corduroys, which basically are like embossed stripes. So in a way I successfully mixed and matched horizontal stripes with vertical stripes. Ha!

I feel like corduroy pants--or corduroy in general--don't get much love in fashion. I think the last time I wore cords was years ago and it was via flared pants, a throwback to the 70s. But cords deserve more attention IMO. For one it provides texture, easily transforming any outfit from boring to something a little more interesting at least.

halfwhiteboy - striped shirt and corduroy pants 02
halfwhiteboy - striped shirt and corduroy pants 03
halfwhiteboy - striped shirt and corduroy pants 04

Keeping up with a brownish color scheme here, but with enough color contrast to avoid being too "matchy-matchy."

How about you, what are your thoughts about cords?
_______________
T-shirt (Uniqlo); pants (Pull&Bear); shoes (Lacoste).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler