FRAGRANCE | Vial trial: Straight to Heaven EDP by Kilian

halfwhiteboy - Straight to Heaven EDP by Kilian

I have no idea why the name. Straight to Heaven by Kilian opens with a woody patchouli drenched in booze. It's beautiful, with a mildly sweet facet that rounds the scent out. A fruity note appears after a few minutes and before I know it, the booze has evaporated. I would have wanted it to linger because to me it lends the scent an air of bossy confidence and sophistication. It's something I enjoy among the likes of Bentley for Men Intense and Penhaligon's The Tragedy of Lord George. Besides, that booze supposedly sets it apart from other woody or patchouli-based frags.

The scent soon takes on a light creamy turn while the sweet and fruity notes recede almost abruptly. It seems like it's in a hurry and I'm left with very little time to appreciate its development. If this is Kilian's idea of heaven, it sure does waste no time in taking you straight to it. And it's not particularly rewarding, so to speak.

The creaminess isn't necessarily milky and is instead closer to coconut, to my nose at least. However, it's a lot thinner than ScentSmith Perfumery's Cedar Leather, allowing most of the wood's dryness to still show. It's also at this stage when the patch steps back a bit and the cedar takes the stage. The creaminess soon melts and I'm left with a dry, woody blend that's warm and nice, unisex with a little masculine slant.

Straight to Heaven isn't a strong frag but it lasts. It gives off a good projection for about two hours before it settles into a more modest display. Admittedly I expected more for the price although I understand not everything has to be a beast. For whatever it's worth, I do like the scent but unless I stumble upon a really good deal, I guess I'm sitting a full bottle out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'