LOOKBOOK | Checks and cords

halfwhiteboy - checkered shirt and corduroy pants 01

I feel like corduroy pants are underappreciated in menswear and fashion in general. It's always jeans, joggers, linen, and whatnot that you see in stores but almost never corduroy. You'd be lucky to spot one in any given store at any given time. If it's any indication, the cords I'm wearing here are from several years ago and I haven't stumbled upon anything else since. But cords are fun! I mean, how could you not enjoy something with texture? I know, I know smooth is a texture but I'm sure you get my drift. 

Because it's been raining on and off lately, which makes the office air conditioning go Arctic mode, I chose a flannel shirt to go with my cord pants. The colors (blue and brown) go well together and the shirt's checkered pattern doesn't clash with anything, so it's all good. Finished off the look with, I don't know, are these derby shoes? This pair is one of the few that survived not being used during the pandemic. So yeah, definitely something to be happy about. 

halfwhiteboy - checkered shirt and corduroy pants 02
halfwhiteboy - checkered shirt and corduroy pants 03

How about you, what's your take on corduroy pants? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOOKBOOK | Barong Tagalog and sneakers for 'Buwan ng Wika'

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

FRAGRANCE | Rajo Uno EDT by Bench: An inexpensive local gem