LOOKBOOK | Weekend wedding

halfwhiteboy - powder blue suit and air tie 01

We were invited to a wedding recently and the thing is, we actually attended! I don't know but the last time I went to one was maybe five years ago. There was also this other all-black wedding I went to before that.

This recent one was an outdoor wedding with a formal theme. I already pictured that most of the guys will be wearing black suits and I had no intentions of blending in. I thought that after wearing that powder blue blazer of mine to work, it was time to take the entire set out for a spin. And so there I was in a powder blue suit, trying to "socialize."

It was an out-of-town wedding, by the way, and I realized at the last minute that I forgot to bring a tie. No worries, though, because you can always resort to an air tie. Just wear it with confidence. Besides, it's GQ-approved.

halfwhiteboy - powder blue suit and air tie 02
halfwhiteboy - powder blue suit and air tie 03

I like how the suit fits me even it's just an off-the-rack find. I guess I was lucky because even the sleeves are the perfect length. Usually, ready-to-wear suits suffer from overly long sleeves that reach out to your hand when you're supposed to show some cuff. As for the pants, I can tolerate the minimal slouch. If only I were taller.

Anyway, this ensemble reminds me of something I wore to work once that made me feel like I was going to a summer wedding, only that one was seersucker-esque and wasn't actually a suit but a lightweight blazer with matching drawstring pants. I wore sneakers then while here I went for brown leather lace-ups for added flair. Loafers or slip-ons would have also been fine with the suit but they're just way too casual for the occasion. I didn't want to blend in but I also didn't want to feel out of place. There's a difference there.

halfwhiteboy - powder blue suit and air tie 04

Apparently my outfit stood out. But how could it not when you're surrounded by a sea of black? It really pays to try some color on. Also, I love my partner's look, who opted for a long dress over a gown. Don't we just look good together? 😊
____________
Suit and shirt (Zara); shoes (Aldo).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FRAGRANCE | Green Cedar EDT by Bench: An environmentally-conscious offering from the Philippines' premier retail brand

Man of style: Steven Tyler